Thursday, February 18, 2010

the coffee shop around the corner

Almost everyday I go to the coffee shop around the corner. I read, study and enjoy conversation with the regulars and new people. It is a community place. Guys there do business. Students study on their computers. Friends visit. Tanya makes cupcakes and cookies and blended mochas and holds the place together.
I enjoy whatever happens there from day to day. Sometimes I just read. Sometimes I visit with Tanya if she isn't too busy. Sometimes I make a new friend. That happened yesterday. I fell into conversation with a young woman named Rachel who has been coming for a while. Turns out she knows lots of people at Biola, teachers of Lydia's. She loves Jesus. I made a new friend. I met another sister.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! And I wrote one about you today! Thanks again for a marvelous afternoon. =)

    ReplyDelete