Tuesday, May 19, 2009

God's economy















I try to start my day by praying before my feet hit the ground. Sometimes I'm able to pray over many people and issues that are on my heart. Other times, my heart wanders and the morning's first activity forces me from bed....

Today, as I prayed, I was quite moved by the exchanges extant despite how I begin my day. God has exchanged His faithfulness for my faithlessness, His love for my apathy, His sufficiency for my inability, His thoughts for my thoughts, His wisdom for my folly, His Son for my sin, His "omni-s" for my human limitations, His comedy for my tragedy... You get the picture!

My grandmother used to call prayer - "doing business with God"!

I like the exchange rate!

1 comment:

  1. That's an economic system that I can appreciate-- and HOPE in. Very encouraging, Marci!

    ReplyDelete